Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm back from the Let's Get Naked Fiber Fest

Wow what a weekend! To me, this was a working vacation in the mountains. Incredible surroundings at the base of Graves Mountain with vendor tents lined up in a row. I got to sit down and spin in this peaceful environment AND I got to shop for fleece while it was being sheared right off the animals. It doesn't get much better than that for me.

I have to show you pictures of my van when I returned home! It's full of fleece and I couldn't be happier about it. This is taken from the side doors of the mini van. On the left pic is bags of Cormo and  Rambouillet/Finn crosses. The brown bags in the right pic are mohair and there's more of them hiding in there... about 30 lbs worth! On top of the brown bags is a gorgeous CVM fleece. Not in the pictures is 5 cria fleeces, 4 lbs of roving and I'm sure there's something else I forgot about hiding in there.

With just a little over 2 weeks left until Carolina Fiber Festival I had to come home and SPIN like crazy. I'd love more than anything to sit down and process all this fleece but I need more yarn to sell at the events first.

the Let's Get Naked Fiber Fest is definitely one I'll attend again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment